[Zope] Help! The suits are taking away my Zope! - THANKS

Dunigan, Craig craig.dunigan@esker.com
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 15:30:40 -0600

> On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 04:02:12PM -0500, Joel Burton wrote:
> > That is an interesting suggestion.
> >
> > Anyone have experience on how well davfs deals with the little
> > idiosyncrasies of Zope DAV?
>
> Well, davfs is very very strict about the generated XML, and
> Zope 2.3 WebDAV
> property generation wasn't generating strict XML there if properties
> contained any XML like markup. As Craig is using Zope 2.3, it
> may well be
> that he'll run into this problem (I have with Zope.org, which
> runs on 2.3).

True, but it's easy enough to upgrade Zope.  I can do all five servers in
less than a day.  I might as well upgrade ZEO while I'm at it.  I'm testing
it now with Zope 2.5 as a ZEO client to the production ZEO server, then
davfs and samba on that machine to export the ZODB "files."  I'll send the
results to the list.  This is a very exciting prospect.

C.