[Zope] Help!- locked out of my Zope

Dave Feasey dave@eyepopping.com
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 14:36:07 -0500

Forgive me I'm a newbie- also not too up on UNIX or Apache (taking the
Crash course here...)

Have a virtual private server on FreeBSD behind Apache. Installed Zope,
got it working with one of my virtual hosts, thanks to the docs. Was
working in the VH and accidentally created a DTML method that called
itself- infinite loop- and before I could stop that, BAM! The database
gets wiped out back to the install version with nothing. I go into Undo
(probably unwise move here, but I was upset) and try to back out of the
install, thinking that somehow a new install got triggered. This was
last Friday. since then I've tried everything I can to ./stop ./start,
reinstall, uninstall, use zpasswd to change the access and inituser
files, comment out LoadModule line for FastCGI, etc. Zope, some version
is still running but I cannot log in- period. Read in an FAQ somewhere
that, uh, now I can't remember what it told me to do, something about
permissions. Then I saw something about both Zope and Apache needing
permissions for PCGI, or at read / write on zope.soc with fastCGI.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Eyepopping Design
dave@eyepopping.com
www.eyepopping.com