[Zope] Re: [reportlab-users] Reportlab + Zope + SQL data

Jerome Alet alet@unice.fr
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 09:25:16 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002, garry_steedman wrote:

> i've been trying for a while to get my head round making PDFs with
> Reportlab + Zope + SQL data, but the combination is beating me!
> does anybody have any `real world' code they are willing to share to
> get me on the right path?

While I don't use SQL data here, I can give you a complete
example which produces PDF from Zope, there's a DTML method and an
external python method.

Download this from :

	http://cortex.unice.fr/~jerome/RLfromZope/

The DTML Method ensures that the PDF document appears directly in your web
browser while still being saveable as "bulletin.pdf"

The External method does all the interesting work, but of course not all
of this is interesting for you.

FYI this method produced printable inscription forms to a congress from a
web form (still available at http://www.ipm2001.org/inscriptions/ while
the congress itself is closed)

PS: This code is under the GPL. Thank you.

Jerome Alet