[Zope] Photo: somes issues and thoughts

Ron Bickers rbickers-dated-1010728651.ce7a9e@logicetc.com
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 00:57:31 -0500

Thanks for bringing this up.  I'll do something about this, though I'm not
sure exactly what yet.

> The display cache, also, could use some refinement IMHO.  I happen to
> use ExtFile's SYNC setting, so that my repository reflects the hierarchy
> of the ZODB.  Since Photo deposits the images in their own folders, that
> would seem the ideal place, I think, for placing the temporary files,
> rather than tossing them all into one directory.

Are you running the latest version 1.2.3?  The SYNC setting is supported in
that version so that cached photos (and the original) are stored in a ZODB
hierarchy matching directory.

> I suppose it's a matter of taste -- having them all in one place is
> easier for cleanup.

Nay... it just makes a mess. ;-)

> Otherwise, I'm rather pleased with how Photo's working for my site.

Glad to hear that.

Ron Bickers
Logic Etc, Inc.