[Zope] ZODB Cruft, how to clear? Catalog problems too.

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 12:47:41 -0500

> However I've looked in every folder and I can't find any broken instances,
so I have no
> idea where this item is hiding. How do I remove it from ZODB?

This is a problem that has no easy solution.  I usually end up writing a
script that manually traverses the ZODB and pins it down.  It's always a
real pain in the ass.  One of the problems here is that the piece of code
that shows the error gives you no clue as to what object is failing to be
imported.  If you could get the objectid, it would be easier; but still a
pain in the ass.  Sorry I don't have better news.

> More serious, after upgrading to Zope 2.5 Beta 2 (I'm not at Beta 3), I
started getting
> this:
>
> 2002-01-04T17:01:35 ERROR(200) Catalog catalogObject was passed bad index
object <UnTextIndex instance at 8a6d6f0>.

This is probably due to the help system (which I affectionately call the
"hurt system" at times like this).  You should try to upgrade to 2.3 beta 3
and see if the problem disappears.

- C