[Zope] IE6, ZMI and Zope 2.5B3 frame target problems

Martijn Pieters mj@zope.com
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 16:32:52 -0500

On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 01:53:54PM -0500, Brad Clements wrote:
> Just wondering if this is a Zope issue or an IE 6 problem.
>
> I upgraded to IE 6 (from 5.5) and from Zope 2.5B2 to Zope 2.5B3 at the
> same time.
>
> Now, in the ZMI when I click a left-side tree object, only the first few
> times does the right-side frame update.
>
> Then IE6 suddenly starts opening a new window instead to put in there what
> would be the right side content, rather than using the existing right-side
> frame.
>
> It's as if the frame name "manage_main" is being lost somehow. I can't see
> how this could be caused by Zope, but just asking if anyone else has this
> problem.

I have seen this exacts same behavior on IE5.5 as well. It seems to happen
most when you have gone back in the browser history. So, click a left-hand
tree item, use the back button, and choose another item on the left
hand side. The last click usually opens a new window.

Definitely a M$ problem.

--
Martijn Pieters