[Zope] ANN: ZUBB / ZDiscussions 0.7.0 Released

Danny William Adair danny@adair.net
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 13:19:51 +1300

On Monday 07 January 2002 07:56, BZ wrote:
> > > - date. done.
> >
> > Cool! Much better.
> >
> > > - I display the smaller date in the listings because of size. I find it
> > > easier to scan for dates and the time is really not that important for
> > > that listing.
> >
> > alright.
> > With all the different standards in the world: "01/05/02" it's hard to
> > tell if this is 1st day, 1st month or 2001
> > Perhaps something like this:
> > 01/05 -02
> > or
> > 05/01 -02
>
> I will think about this. I had not considered international date types.

A very elegant way imho would be to create one function that is responsible
for the _display_ of a date, and call it whereever needed. Then people could
customize the display themselves (at one central point), or even ZBabel it!

Danny