[Zope] logging in a user

Ove Ruben R Olsen ruben@noia.no
Tue, 08 Jan 2002 14:14:37 +0100

At 12:42 08.01.2002 +0000, Tim Hicks wrote:

>One way around it would be to use some sort of cookie/session based logi=
n,
>but I've not played with that so I can't really help.

Either that or you may use HTTP authetication directly in the URL. This i=
s=20
"nasty" but
works.

The original posting from Steven Turoff talked about changeing a Zope-use=
rs=20
password
and then login with the new password. After a successfull change of=20
password one
may use a redirect with the username and password in the URL as specified=
=20
by the
standard:

http://USERNAME:PASSWORD@www.mysite.is.cool/path/to/object/after/redirect

Note that there is a COLON - ":" - between the username and the password =
and a
COMERCIAL AT - "@" - between the username and the FQHN.

Hope this helps.

\Ruben.