[Zope] Portal system similar to my.yahoo.com

Joachim Werner joe@iuveno-net.de
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 18:53:56 +0100

> Hmmm. Sorry if I missed thepoint but  Kontentor  seems to give far more
> control to the user than what I'm after. Of course, being logged in as
> admin, that's to be expected. :-)

That's all configurable. If you need to choose from preconfigured bits of
code instead of the rather free-form stuff Kontentor offers, you can just
limit the user's possibilities to use only those widgets.

> I just want users to be able to add widgets from a defined set and
> arrange them on a home page. Is Zope overkill for this?

I don't think Zope is overkill for you. But of course the project you are
thinking of is not completely unambitious. So there IS some complexity
involved. But you'd have much more complexity to handle if you did it all
from scratch ...

Joachim