[Zope] Print error_traceback from script (python)

Tim Hicks timNOT_THIS@sitefusion.co.uk
Sat, 12 Jan 2002 01:56:54 -0000

Evening all,

I have a script (python) that has various try/except clauses in it.  I would
like to be able to get hold of the traceback from within the except block so
that I can (optionally) send it as an argument to a user-friendly page
summarising how the last lot of transactions went.

So, I tried...

try:
  foo()
except:
  tb = error_traceback()
AND
  tb = context.error_traceback()
AND
  tb = context.error_traceback
AND
  tb = context.REQUEST['error_traceback']

all of which fail with any of keyerror, attributeError and possibly some
others.

Am I even in the right ball-park here?  Can I do this?  If I'm honest, I
don't really know how to do it in straight python, let alone these limited
scripts.

Thanks if you can help,

tim