[Zope] Print error_traceback from script (python)

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 09:00:34 +0100

Tim Hicks writes:
 > OK.  I thought (hoped) I would be able to get hold of the traceback without
 > going through this because standard_error_message can do it, and I found
 > threads on the list about using <dtml-var error_traceback>.
The "error_*" variables are provided to the error pages
by "ZPublisher.HTTPResponse". Outside error pages, you must
get hold of them more elementary.

 > Can I just say at this point (to anyone who's listening) that it would be
 > quite a handy feature (for me anyway) to be able to do this without having
 > to allow the import of extra modules :-).
Chris Withers will probably be with you. He already complained about
the difficult access to exception information.

Dieter