AW: [Zope] Data.fs

kosh@aesaeion.com kosh@aesaeion.com
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 02:16:55 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 14 Jan 2002, Mayer, Steven wrote:

> Hi,
> Our Zope Version is 2.4.3 and Python 2.1, but our Linux Filesystem can?t work with files >2GB, this is the Problem!
> And there must be a reason that the data.fs increase, though nobody works on Zope...! But what??
> And if our Filesystem can work with files >2GB there is anywhere a limit where the system can work. In a Year the Data.fs will reach the 6GB limit?
> We need a solution for our Data.fs, that it will not reach the 2GB limit.
>
> Regards
> Steven :)

If you upgrader your glibc and your kernel then it can go over 2GB just
fine. The limit is not the filesystem but glibc and the kernel. Overall a
newer dist will take care of this automatically but even with ext2 if you
upgrade glibc, the kernel, and compile python with large file support you
should be fine.