[Zope] A small note on security assertions

vio vmilitaru@sympatico.ca
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 11:52:11 -0500

If you are like me and don't like to start coding from scratch, but rather like
to start modifying an existing and proven source skeleton, like the Boring
product for example, one small piece of advice: watch out for conflicting
declarations.

It took me over one month (give or take) to find out why all my security
assertions (such as 'security.declareObjectPublic()' and such) were totally
ineffective: because I left  '__ac_permissions__' skeleton code hanging. Once
that was commented out, all worked finally as advertized. Still, a month of
wasted search, running like a headless chicken through sources and docs. Painfuland frustrating. I hope this little note might save someone similar frustration.Because once once one gets over such stupid but unforgining mistakes,
Zope is really, really great.

Cheers, Vio