[Zope] problems with NT services

Cully, Christopher [OCDGB] CCully@ocdgb.JNJ.com
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 17:15:23 +0100

------_=_NextPart_001_01C19D16.AB3EB760

I've been experiencing problems with my installation of Zope. the
installation itself is run on an NT 4.0 server, and I'm having trouble
starting the service so that I can use the system from my own workstation.
Since you have produced a how-to about installing and upgrading Zope, I
thought someone might be able to help.

 basically, whenever I try to start the service, I get the following
 windows message:

 Error 2140: Internal Windows NT error has occurred.

This started happening for no apparent reason earlier today, and I am at a
loss to explain it. has anyone ever had any experience of such a problem, or
do you know someone I can get into contact with regarding the problem. Since
there has been rather a lot of work done on the web site since the last
backup, I would be reluctant, if at all possible, to reinstall Zope
altogether, however any assistance anyone can give me would be greatly
appreciated.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C19D16.AB3EB760

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2654.19">
<TITLE>problems with NT services</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">I've been experiencing problems =
with my installation of Zope. the installation itself is run on an NT =
4.0 server, and I'm having trouble starting the service so that I can =
use the system from my own workstation. Since you have produced a =
how-to about installing and upgrading Zope, I thought someone might be =
able to help.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;basically, whenever I try =
to start the service, I get the following </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;windows message:</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;Error 2140: Internal =
Windows NT error has occurred.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">This started happening for no =
apparent reason earlier today, and I am at a loss to explain it. has =
anyone ever had any experience of such a problem, or do you know =
someone I can get into contact with regarding the problem. Since there =
has been rather a lot of work done on the web site since the last =
backup, I would be reluctant, if at all possible, to reinstall Zope =
altogether, however any assistance anyone can give me would be greatly =
appreciated.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New"></FONT>&nbsp;
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C19D16.AB3EB760--