[Zope] CMF Intro?

Derek Simkowiak dereks@realloc.net
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 14:42:50 -0800 (PST)

-> Wrong, workflow and permissions live on different planets. Read the workflow
-> doku!

	Where is the "workflow" document?  That sounds like the document
I've been looking for!  Please provide me a URL.

-> And CMF has skins, Dublin core, easily configurable portal types that can be
-> hooked into a workflow ..

	This is just like the "Introduction to CMF" I read; I don't know
what "Dublin core" or the "workflow" is, so I'm left wondering why I
should even care (about CMF).

-> Life's a real moaner when billable hours prevent you from collecting
-> information that enables you to bill for your time.

	Hehe... :)  Well, honestly, I'm not billing for my research time;
I just want to push the idea that an "Introduction to CMF" that has the
following would be very helpful:

1.  What is the problem that CMF solves?
2.  Why can't plain Zope handle it?  (Or: Why it is easier with CMF)
3.  What is "workflow"?
4.  ...and that actually _defines_ the new terms it introduces (such
as SiteDesignServices and IntegrationServices)

Thanks,
Derek Simkowiak