[Zope] how to use FSSession

Paul Zwarts paz@oratrix.com
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 13:53:18 +0100

Thierry,

Aha.. that=92s the deal. Gunzip is the compression utility that makes a
.gz file, which often is a compressed tar file. AFAIK tar is an age-old
utility that is for tape backup drives. A hack to the source allowed a
tap file to be a local harddisk file instead, but tar ain't so great. So
Gunzip is used on top of that. What you have is the TAR file that is
still a compressed file, thus you don=92t have anything that is usable
yet. Reopen this tar file with you decompressor and uncompress that and
you should get the desired results. If it wont open the tar file, get
winzip or something. You are on a win32 machine yes? If not, use for
(l/u)nix:

tar -xvf FSESSION.TAR=20

Cheers,
Paz

-----Original Message-----
From: Champier [mailto:Thierry.Champier@grenet.fr]=20
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2002 1:46 PM
To: 'Paul Zwarts'
Subject: RE : [Zope] how to use FSSession

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your answer..

Here is the given instruction that I read :
Installation
Download FSSession.tgz and untar it in your root Zope directory. Create
a directory called FSSession in the var directory , give it the
appropriate permissions and restart Zope.=20

I have done this and : here is my home directory on the server :

* Zopesite : this home folder contains :
  - FSSESSION.TAR
  - the new file FSSESSION with no extention

Nothing else has been created and FSession wasnot installed to
<zopedir>/lib/python/Products/<FSesdir>.

Is PowerArchiver correctly untar the file ??
Do I need to run this new file FSSession ?? and How ??

Regards
Thierry