Re[2]: [Zope] problems with NT services

Farrell, Troy troy.farrell@wcg.com
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 08:38:53 -0600

You might be helped by looking at:
http://twsite.bizland.com/
Under the tech tips section, you'll see "Zope on Windows NT".  Under that
section, "Converting Manually Run Zope to a Service ".  Note also the
parameters they discuss: -w -m, etc.  You'll see these explained in
c:\program files\zopesite(whatever)\z2.py
The site policy requests that we don't provide direct links :(

Troy

**********
Andy's 2c:

>>  Error 2140: Internal Windows NT error has occurred.

Thats got to be the most unhelpful comment. I can get Zope running on
a Windoze box in 1 minute so there.

> As You see, it's not Zope problem! (Joke). Why You should run it on this
> Troublemaker 4.0? Try switch to something better: UNIX or Linux as well.
You
> will be able run Your Zope server within 5 minutes.

Things to check: it starts by running start.bat. Try using
using ZService.py in debug eg: python ZService.py start debug.

Its usually because your Zope or Python has moved or changed. Check
these, sometimes deinstalling the service and then reinstalling it is
the only way. Again ZService.py can do that for you.
--
  Andy McKay