[Zope] LocalFS and mega-uploads

Oliver Bleutgen myzope@gmx.net
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 20:08:22 +0100

> I'm particularly puzzled by the "No space left on device" part... I have
> several GB of free disk space, so that's not the issue.  Just for fun, I
> tried this on another machine with 512Meg RAM both with Zope 2.4.3 and the
> latest 2.5 beta... same results...
>
> if this due to a bug in either cgi.py or somewhere else in the Zserver code?
>
> I guess my solution for handling these extra-jumbo files will be to run a
> sep. FTP server to allow uploading of the files.
>
> I seem to be having more trouble with this than most other users, so I'm
> wondering if there's still something silly I'm missing about the situation.
> If the above traceback rings any bells for anyone, I'd love to compare
> notes.

Larry,

This is just a guess, and a wild one, I just quickly looked at the
sources of cgi.py and so on.
You seem to be using *nix, and cgi.py's make_file method seems not to be
overriden by zope, so it uses the tempfile module to create a temporary
file, in which read_lines_to_outerboundary wants to write.

tempfile.py in turn seems to search for a fitting (working) tempdir in
['/tmp', '/var/tmp', '/usr/tmp', pwd].

So, it might be that you just have not enough space on the partition
which gets used to store this temporary file. Have you checked that?

ok, that was my guess ;-)

cheers,
oliver