[Zope] What is getObject(IDstring) API?

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk@adelphia.net
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 08:22:06 -0500

This is a truly inane newbie question, but I haven't found the answer in
several hours of doc searching and trolling the sources of various
products. All those autocompletion IDEs must have made me soft :)

I want to take two string parameters of a python script and convert them
to object refences, so I can pass them to the
mxmRelationship.Relate(obj1,obj2) function.

Parameter List: student, course
context.relations.relate(
	context.getObject(student),
	context.getObject(course))

This is an impractical script, but I just want something to get my feet
wet. For now the objects will be in the same folder as the Relations
object. I presume whatever the equivalent API to getObject is will take
a relative URL path to objects as well?