[Zope] memory leak in a very simple product. Way?

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@mitretek.org
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 11:47:58 -0500

[Christoph Wierling]

> On Wed, 16 Jan 2002, Thomas B. Passin wrote:
> >
> > I was about to ask if your item() objects are persistent, when I read
Chris
> > McDonough's post.  If you are storing al 20,000 items, no wonder you see
> > memory uasge increasing.
>
> Yes, the item() objects are persistent. And if I do recursive creation and
> deletion of the objects which contains the list with the persistent item()
> objects the references to the item objects are still growing.
> I just made the item objects not persistent, and it seems to work, so no
> growing references.
>
> So I wonder way the reference counter for persistent item objects is still
> growing by the recursive process of creation and deletion.

 Well, maybe the persistence system has some other references to the objects
that are less apparent, and don't get cleaned up.  Or, if they are stored in
the ZODB database, maybe it just needs to get packed after deletion.

Cheers,

Tom P