[Zope] hide ":8080"

Jud Dagnall jdagnall@sgi.com
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 12:11:08 -0800

I'm using no-ip.com for dynamic dns. They provide a system by which you
could map a particular port to a host. For example, if they were hosting
blu.org,
www.blu.org could point to port 8080. Perhaps dyndns can do this. Here' a
link on the no-ip site help article about this feature:
http://www.no-ip.com/tips/id/2

--
Jud Dagnall
SGI Electronic Services
jdagnall@sgi.com

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of
Thomas Guettler
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2002 10:00 AM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope] hide ":8080"

On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 01:46:45AM +0800, Terence Ng wrote:
> Hi!I am a newbie in Zope and web server.  Is Zserver reliable or prefer to
use Apache as front end?  Now I am using Dynamic DNS (www.dyndns.org)
because of dynamic IP, and my ISP has blocked the port 80.  My Zope default
is port 8080.  If people visit my web site,  is it compulsory to type
":8080" after my domain name?  Is there any way that can visit my site
without mentioning port 8080?Sincerly,Terence

No, if your provider blocks port 80 you won't be able to get it access
like you.dyndns.org. If you have a friend which makes a url rewrite
rule on his server you might get your-ip.your-friend.org get mapped to
you.dyndns.org:8080.

http://blu.org is just short for http://blu.org:80 since http defaults
to port 80

--