[Zope] problem with python method as ftp client

Jim Washington jwashin@vt.edu
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 21:25:59 -0500

rayprice2001 wrote:

>Hi,
>    I am trying to run a python method from within zope 2.4.3 and I'm
>getting an error.  Is is possible to have a python method act as an
>ftp client?  The script runs just fine when I run it from command
>line.  It appears to be failing on the "from ftplib import FTP" line.

Hi, Ray

Read the docs for Python Scripts.  Only a limited number of modules may
be imported ordinarily.  There is a way to allow importing other
modules, also in the docs.  You may import anything available to Python
in External Methods, which is another option.

-- Jim Washington