[Zope] LocalFS and mega-uploads + CMF

Jud Dagnall jdagnall@sgi.com
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 10:49:39 -0800

Hello-

I've got a similar problem, but would like to be able to use the CMF if
possible.
In my case, I need to have the (large) files end up on a separate FTP server
anyway, but I'd like to use the CMF for submission, testing and review of
files and metadata. Is there a straightforward way to have zope
move/copy/ftp files after review to an external server, or at least to a
centralized directory that could be mirrored?

Note: I'm using the ExtFile product now (without CMF). I set the directory
option to mirror the ZODB, and I rsync the .../approved directory daily.

Thanks,

Jud

--
Jud Dagnall
SGI Electronic Services
jdagnall@sgi.com

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of
larry_prikockis@NatureServe.org
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2002 8:47 AM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: RE: [Zope] LocalFS and mega-uploads

...Just to kind of wrap this thing up... Thanks to those who helped me
figure this out.  As several people have now suggested and confirmed, the
problem was the partition I had /var/tmp on filling up during the upload
process.

Moving /var/tmp to a bigger partition cured the basic problem I was having.
However, transferring of extremely huge files still put more of a load on
the system than I would've liked.  In the end, what I've ended up doing is
setting up a separate standalone FTP server, locking it down as much as
possible and using an html/script front-end to allow some degree of
integration with the rest of my Zope site.

It's not quite as nicely integrated as using Zserver's native http/ftp
capabilities, but it does the job.