[Zope] PDF's behave different with MS 5.0 Browsers

kosh@aesaeion.com kosh@aesaeion.com
Sun, 20 Jan 2002 22:19:09 -0700 (MST)

On Sun, 20 Jan 2002, Troy Farrell wrote:

> My problem occurs in the CMF, when users add PDF's as PortalFiles.  I've
> not yet figured out where to the problem is, though something makes me
> think that IE is trying to do pieces of the document with HTTP/1.1 and
> Zope, even behind apache/mod rewrite, has trouble with this and the
> trouble is propaged to IE.  In my case, when a user clicks a link to a
> pdf, the adobe viewer launches, the browser downloads the whole pdf
> file, and IE goes blank where you expect to see the adobe viewer plugin.
>   The browser still responds, but will not show the document.  If ZC is
> interested, I'll try to develop a test case.

Go to support.microsoft.com it is a know browser bug in IE. Not all
versions are affected buy many are. Look for pdf blank screen with the IE
product and it should show up. Honestly if their browsers impelmentation
of http got any worse you couldn't request a web page. Already it is worse
then any other browser I have ever seen including prerelease versions of
the original version of netscape.