[Zope] Python 2.1.2 and Zope 2.4.x?

Marc St-Jean marc@qcc.ca
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 12:54:55 -0600

On January 4th, the Zope news mentioned a Python 2.1.2 would be released
fixing potential crashing problems with Zope 2.4.x.

Late last week I installed the release version of this new Python and now
some of my scripts are causing the following error:
Python/ceval.c:687: failed assertion `STACK_LEVEL() <= f->f_stacksize'

I thought this ceval problem was what it was supposed to fix, not
exacerbate! I've tried rebuilding both Zope 2.4.1 and 2.4.3 with Python 2.
1.2 and it hasn't helped. In case it matters this is under Solaris 8 Intel.

The news letter didn't say that a new version of Zope would be needed for
the new Python, is that the case?
Is anyone else seeing this problem?

Cheers,
Marc