[Zope] Static fail-over

Terry Hancock hancock@anansispaceworks.com
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 17:28:03 -0800

I have a Zope site which I'm doing a lot of development
on, and all internal safeguards aside, I feel there's a
significant chance of wrecking Zope in the process. Then
it might take anywhere from hours to days to get it back
up again.

Although this may be sort of unlikely, it would give
me some comfort to have planned for the possibility.

I was wondering if there's some way I could configure
Apache to fail-over to a static web site should the
Zserver just stop responding (i.e. crash). Maybe this
is really easy or maybe hard, but I thought someone
here might know a good way. I figured it would have
to have something to do with how you set up a 404 page
for Apache (maybe point it to a static index page?).
Is it just that simple?  Or is there a smarter approach?

Thanks!

Terry Hancock
hancock@anansispaceworks.com
Anansi Spaceworks