[Zope] Static fail-over

Mon, 21 Jan 2002 16:10:50 -0800

I'm researching this; there was a thread on the squid-users list a month or
two back to this regard, and I don't remember what the verdict is exactly,
but I'll find out.

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris McDonough [mailto:chrism@zope.com]
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2002 4:16 PM
To: Terry Hancock; zope@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope] Static fail-over

Use Squid, set caching headers on all of your pages, and spider the site
each time you bring it up.  There are probably some configuration options in
Squid which allows it to continue to serve content when the origin server
has disappeared (if anybody knows this, I'd like to know too, so please
reply if you do! ;-)

- C