Fat client thoughts, was: RE: [Zope] Zope + XML-RPC + native GUI

Thomas Guettler zopestoller@thomas-guettler.de
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 09:11:06 +0100

sean.upton@uniontrib.com wrote:

>No, I haven't done this, but I plan to do something like this to create a
>fat client to interact with content objects in a CMF site I am building.
>I've been playing around with wxPython and Boa Constructor
>(http://boa-constructor.sourceforge.net).  I'd be interest in finding out
>ways in which other people might be creating apps using these tools.

I haven't looked at boa-constructior yet, but I will in the next days.
Thank you for this hint.
I was inspired by this article:
http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2000/01/xmlrpc/index2.html. I patched it to get
it working,
so that you can edit DTML Documents, DTML Methods and PythonScripts with
a native GUI.

Thank you for your long email. I share your thoughts

 thomas