[Zope] Re: Automatically import a zexp

Tille, Andreas TilleA@rki.de
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 09:22:51 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Stephan Richter wrote:

> The best way would be to write a Python script that makes the necessary API
> calls. Note that there is already code for that, sinc eyou can install ZEXP
> products directly from a Product.
Right, but I do not have the knowledge to implement that.

> BTW, the easiest way would be to create a distribution of your Zope ZClass
> product. All you need to do is to drop it in the Products directory and it
> will be added in the ZODB Products Folder.
You are completely right.  The problem is that we do not talk about *my*
product but about products like for instance

      http://www.zope.org/Members/Barabbas/EventFolder/

Should I ask the upstream author to change this to let the install
procedure become more easy?

Kind regards

          Andreas.