[Zope] Transfer of ZClass based product to source code

Max M maxm@mxm.dk
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 10:02:10 +0000

Per Hörnfeldt wrote:

>Hi,
>we have built a product that relies heavily on ZClasses. Now we want to base
>our product on source code, in order to adapt to our
>CM-routines and to reduce the risks in having the code in the database. We
>want to change the implementation as little as possible.
>Does anyone have a proposal for a strategy for the transition?

There is no absolutely easy way to do it. Other than to write a product
from scratch. If you have not tried that before, it can be simplified a
lot by using:

http://www.zope.org/Members/maxm/HowTo/easyProduct

As this is devloped to work a lot like a zClass. Just in a product.

regards Max M