[Zope] interbase adapter

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 09:38:06 -0500

On 25 Jan 2002 at 9:43, Stephan Herschel wrote:

> I need an interbase DA that does no serializing, i.e. that is level 3
> compliant. The one we use (gvibDA) is serializing requests and therefore
> queries
> that take a longer time to return tend to slow down the whole system.

I think this is an artifact of the underlying gds library. Multi-thread support through
interbase is going to be dependent on the underlying OS. You haven't mentioned which
OS.

The original gvIB author put in the thunk stuff for the Zope adapter to "improve
reliability".  Someone who knows interbase client internals a lot better than I do is
needed to resolve this issue.

> Can anyone help me?

You have the source. Take out the thunk layer and see if it breaks .. ;-)

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               AOL-IM: BKClements