[Zope] Python Product Coding Guidelines? (constructor=...)

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 17:24:58 -0600

At 10:24 PM 1/25/2002 +0100, Dieter Maurer wrote:
>Thomas Guettler writes:
>  > When I "grep" for the constructor syntax in the __init__.py files I
> see that
>  > most people use the form constructor(manage_addFoo, ...)
>  >
>  > The DevGuide just calls the function addForm. I think it would be
>  > good if  there would be a guideline. This makes it easier to read other
>  > peoples
>  > code.
>I like the ZDG name more the the "manage_..." form.
>
>But, it think this has really only minor importance.

BTW, I am just writing up a coding style guide proposal for Zope 3, so
please feel free to write some too or comment on things. Note however that
the Zope 3 architecture is quiet different; so, for example, there is no
need for "manage_*" methods.

http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/CodingStyle

Regards,
Stephan