[Zope] mysql database difficulties: creating tables with zope

Joseph Griffin jgriffin@pclnet.net
Sat, 26 Jan 2002 10:42:20 -0600

Robert,
Take taking off the ; at the end. This worked for me.

CREATE TABLE users
(
user_id char(25) NOT NULL,
cpasswd char(25) NOT NULL,
Id int(11) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL auto_increment,
PRIMARY KEY (user_id),
KEY Id (Id)
)

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of rhood
Sent: Saturday, January 26, 2002 9:19 AM
To: Zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] mysql database difficulties: creating tables with zope

I'm just learning to use Zope.  I've set it up, created some working sites,
and love it.

Now I'mt rying to make it work with a new mysql database (so my problem
could
very well be with the configuration of the database!)  I would appreciate
any
help!

I was working through an example and tried to create a table (using the
"test"
screen in zope):

CREATE TABLE users
(
user_id char(25) NOT NULL,
cpasswd char(25) NOT NULL,
Id int(11) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL auto_increment,
PRIMARY KEY (user_id),
KEY Id (Id)
);

and get the following error:

Error Type: sql.error
Error Value: ('42000', 1064, "[TCX][MyODBC]You have an error in your SQL
syntax near ';\n' at line 7")

I seem to get this error (esp the part about ;\n ) when I try to create a
table.

I can view tables, and otherwise test the database.

thanks for any help!

Robert
rhood@mtsu.edu

Robert Hood