[Zope] ZPatterns grief!

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 26 Jan 2002 21:38:48 +0100

Greg Conway writes:
 > I have found the below Email in the archives, which I thought would do the
 > trick. After a little file movement, I've managed to use the below
 > instructions to get the "make -f Makefile.pre.in boot" to compile properly.
 >
 > However, when I do the second "make", I get the following error....
 >
 > [root@greglux ZPatterns]# make
 > gcc -fPIC  -I../../ZODB -I../../../Components/ExtensionClass -g -O2 -I/usr/i
 > nclude/python1.5 -I/usr/include/python1.5 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -c ./DynPersist.c
 > In file included from ./DynPersist.c:1:
 > ../../ZODB/cPersistence.h:89:28: ExtensionClass.h: No such file or directory
 > make: *** [DynPersist.o] Error 1
 >
 > It's looking for a file ExtensionClass.h which isn't on my system anywhere!
 > ???
You need to install a Zope source distribution.
Then it will be in "lib/Components/ExtensionClass/src".
This implies, the "make" will still not find it.because
it looks in "ExtensionClass" and not "ExtensionClass/src".
Change the configuration appropriately.

Maybe, you follow the advice from someone else and use a solution
without ZPatterns...

Dieter