[Zope] what is my realname?

Greg Conway greg@gmlnt.com
Sat, 26 Jan 2002 22:28:13 -0000

Hi all,

Sorry, this has got to be stupidly obvious, but I just can't seem to work it
out... this is my first attempt at anything other than simple dtml
scripting!

I've set up exUserFolder so that I can log in and out, etc, and I've
restricted access to the "add new record" page (all this is working off a
MySQL Db).

So, I want to store the username of the user in the Db. I have a user
"greg", the user has a property "realname", surely I must simply be able to
at least display this? (using I would presume the <dtml-var var> tag).

I've tried the following syntax but had no luck so far!

expr="acl_users.realname.values()"></td></tr>
expr="REQUEST.values('realname')"></td></tr>

But none of it works. I'm very much a "learn from somebody else's example"
kind of guy, but I've been searching for hours and cannot seem to find an
example!

Any kind soul out there fancy pointing me in the direction of the correct
syntax?

Many thanks!

Regards,

Greg Conway.

--
|  Greg Conway, Technical Director  |

This is a confidential communication between sender and addressee. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender and do not read, copy, use or disclose this communication to others. Any opinions or views expressed are those of the individual, and unless otherwise stated, are not those of the company. All attachments and intellectual rights remain the property of GML (NT) Limited.