[Zope] Zope Book Chapter 5 Puzzle with Zope Zoo "inheritance"

LeeMcKusick@yahoo.com LeeMcKusick@yahoo.com
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 00:27:21 -0800

In The Zope Book Chapter 5 I have a puzzle about making the standard_html_headerobject containing a list of folders called "navigation" display in the sub directories below where the dtml method called standard_html_header is created.

If you have the book, I can make the display called Figure 5.2.

The example works in the Zope Zoo directory.

The example code does not work in three subdirectories below Zope Zoo called Reptiles, Mammals and Fish.

According to the Zope Book, the subdirectories are supposed to inherit the neat navigational listing of folders that happens when the Zope Zoo folder is viewed.

So here are three questions:

1. I am running Zope-2.4.3-linux2-x86 ... do I have a bug?

2. Is there a Zope Book Errata somewhere?

3. Where can I find some newbie debugging suggestions?

4. I copied from root the standard_html_header to Zope Zoo and edited it.
Is my problem that I copied some security or user setting that screws up the example?

Thanks for some direction. Zope is neat but I'm Truly Clueless at the moment.