[Zope] Ordered Folder

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 17:13:02 +0000 (UTC)

Derek Simkowiak  <dereks@realloc.net> wrote:
> 	But if I make one OrderedFolder at the top of my site, can I use
> regular folders for the rest and have them "acquire" (uh, inherit) the
> advanced functionality?  Or do all the folders in my entire site need to
> be OrderedFolder?

I had the need for all the folders in my CMF site to be ordered, so
what I ended up doing was isolating only the ordered folder core
support from OrderedFolder, and creating a monkey-patch product that
enhances ObjectManager. So every ObjectManager on my site is now
ordered. (But I didn't patch the ZMI interface, so the reordering
features are only accessible from code.)

I'll release it as a product (OrderedFolderSupportPatch). Please
remind me if I forget.

Maybe it could even go in the core somehow.

Florent