[Zope] Best Practice for Newsletter/eZine?

Dan Shafer dan@gui.com
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 18:15:08 -0800

I need to develop for several clients a relatively simple-minded
eZine/newsletter kind of thing. What we want is for anyone who has an
Editor role to be able to post material through an HTML form where
they provide the headline, the teaser, and the main story (something
like what SquishDot does for articles) and, when they push a button,
the story gets posted to their site and an email is triggered to all
subscribers containing the teaser and a link to the full article.

It did occur to me that I might be able to modify SquishDot to
accomplish this in some way but I wanted to see first if anyone knew
of an existing Zope product that's designed to address this specific
need. SquishDot doesn't have an easy way for people to subscribe and
unsubscribe to the entire board if I recall correctly, and that would
be important.

--
Dan Shafer, Personal Creativity Trainer and Consultant
Trained Hartman Value Profile Analyst