[Zope] Printing some files

Thomas Guettler zopestoller@thomas-guettler.de
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 08:55:56 +0100

Michael Montagne wrote:

>I am trying to find a good way for users to browse an office manual.
>They need to be able to search for content, view formatted (Word?, PDF?)
>docs and print them if they want.  They also need to print groups of
>docs as well.  What might be the best way to do this?
>Currently I'm using the MSWordDocument product, but I can't seem to add
>any more docs after upgrading to 2.4.0.  I can print these one at a
>time and I can search them too, but the missing ingedient is to print
>bunches.

If your server platform is windows it should work like this:
+create a temporary directory in the filesystem
+store all documents in that directory
+A visual basic scripts glues the documents together
+return the big document.

An other solution would be that you write all files in a zope folder, which
can be accessed by webdav. Then the user can open the folder with the
explorer, mark them
and print them.

thomas