[Zope] Restrict local roles in subfolder..HOW??

Lennart Regebro lennart@regebro.nu
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 18:14:00 +0100

From: <Vineet.Ahuja@de.abb.com>
> I have given a local role called  'view' to 'user1'  in the 'Folder1' so
> that 'user1' CAN access 'Folder1'.
>
> and there is a subfolder of  'Folder1' called 'Folder1.1' in which there
> are no local roles defined in it for 'user1'  so that 'user1' CAN NOT
> access 'Folder1.1'
>
> When I try the above system then to my surprise 'user1' is still able to
> view the contents of 'Folder1.1' !!!

Yes, that is how it works. Local roles are inherited from folders above, so
it's not strange at all.
We have developed a product that adds the possibility to block out local
roles, so you can easily do what you want.
It is called "Enhanced version of local roles" and can be found on my Zope
page:
http://www.zope.org/Members/regebro