[Zope] hopefully a simple hook (non-html version)

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 18:23:27 +0000 (UTC)

> I was wondering if there was a simple hook into ObjectManager or something
> like this that lets me know when an item in the container has been altered.
> At present I have to actively mine the container for changes to bobobase
> modification times of the objects it contains.  I have wrapped a small
> product around Folder.Folder to allow me to do this, but would like to find
> a hook that lets me know when the modification time of a contained object
> has changed.

This could probably be a useful solution: an AllSeeingObjectManager,
derived from ObjectManager and in _setObject and _getObject it would
notify its parent through a manage_afterSublevelCreate if the parent is
also an AllSeeingObjectManager...

Florent