[Zope] Auto-copy objects from one folder to another?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 01:07:25 +0100

sean.upton@uniontrib.com writes:
 > I want to be able to make periodic backups of objects from one folder to
 > another automatically;  I would like to back up modified objects in one
 > folder periodically to another nearly identical folder mounted on an
 > external ODB via ExternalMount and ZEO.  I've never considered what it would
 > take to copy an object from one place to another, so I had a few questions:
 >
 > - Is the best solution just to take the _getObject() from folder1 and do a
 > _setObject() in Folder 2?
I expect, this will not work across different file system mounts.

When it works, both objects will be the same. I.e. modification
at one place will be seen at the other place, too.

 > - How reliable is bobobase_modification_time for using to determine object
 > modification time in Folder1?
If it works, it will be correct.

Dieter