[Zope] use Zope's dynamically generated property forms

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 01:35:42 +0100

Juergen R. Plasser / HEXAGON writes:
 > How can I use the property forms of a ZClass generated by Zope without the
 > other stuff (Tabs) and with my own style sheet? I simply want to get the
 > HTML-Code for the form.
 >
 > My intention is to use this auto-generated forms when I add or delete a
 > property from the ZClass. I don't want to update hardcoded forms.
The easiest and clearest way is to look at the code,
extract the part that generates the form and put it into your
page. Should the original generation be later enhanced, this
approach will not profit from the enhancement.

An alternative would be to wrap the template into a template of your
own that redefines the parts you do not like:

    <dtml-let manage_tabs="''"

      <dtml-var original_template>
    </dtml-let>

"manage_tabs" is responsible for the tabs. You may want to redefine
further names.

Dieter