[Zope] call an object from within a product

Benjamin Buffereau benjamin.buffereau@enst-bretagne.fr
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 10:46:27 +0100

Dieter Maurer wrote:

> If you just want to access the object, then, you can use
> "restrictedTraverse". The calling magic is the difficult part.

No, I really would like to call the object from my product, using Zope wonderful
calling machinery. And I really don't understand why there isn't an interface to
do that. It seems to me that ZPublisher offers two services: URL traversal, and
calling magic. The first one has a good and easy interface with
restricted_traverse and unrestricted_traverse. It's a pity that the second
service is unaccessible to an average product developper like me... I would be
glad if there is a guru somewhere that has some time to spend writing a product
to do that ;-)

Benjamin.