[Zope] Fixing PDF downloads

entheos@entheossoft.com entheos@entheossoft.com
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 13:41:43 -800

> Hi All,

Hi

> Our site has a number of PDF's (1-1.3MB) that we want people to be able to
> download. I gather from previous posts on this list that this can't be done
> with certain versions of Zope (we're hosting with 2.4.2 on Linux).

They can download them.  There are some errors with clients ability to display the PDFs in some cases.

> I've seen that the errors surrounding this issue have been fixed in the
> latest development release and was wondering if there's a monkey patch
> (kudos to whoever came up with that term, we like it here) available to
> just fix this issue.
>
> I don't want the sites we host to be served with a dev. release, we just
> want that particular fix if possible.

You probably want to search the mailing list archives at NIP:
http://zope.nipltd.com/public/lists.html

Your probably looking for Martijn's files he sent:
http://zope.nipltd.com/public/lists/zope-archive.nsf/ByKey/0C817D387C36FEA7

> The documents themselves are created from word files, but I don't want to
> have to resort to putting these on the site as we're forcing the reader to
> own ms word and wait forever to download them. Converting them to HTML
> would be quite time consuming (there's no way I'm going to use the HTML
> output from word) and our need is getting pressing.

How about wvWare?  http://www.wvware.com
Or some of the Zope products that use wvWare?
http://www.zope.org/Members/Kaivo/MSWordMunger
http://www.zope.org/Members/mithro/RTFDocument
http://www.zope.org/Members/eric_barroca/MSWordDocument

> I've also got to convince our ISP to apply the patch, if one exists, so I'd
> be grateful for any help or advice the list can provide.
>
> Thanks for your time,
> Simon.

You're welcome.
Troy