[Zope] answer in the bindings??

Marie Robichon robichon@esrf.fr
Mon, 01 Jul 2002 12:18:54 +0200

--=====================_13271574==_.ALT

hi,

I want to pass a string generated from a Python script via a form when
creating an instance of a ZClass.  The script is as follows:
## Script (Python) "lfsPathImages"
##bind container=container
##bind context=context
##bind namespace=
##bind script=script
##bind subpath=traverse_subpath

request = context.REQUEST
result=[]
baseStr = request.BASE0
urlStr = request.URL1
result ='/www/doc/images'+ urlStr[len(baseStr):]
return result

The script is located in my (virtual) root.  I want it to return the path
of the current folder (less the but when it is called from within the
PageContainer_addForm it picks up the path of the factory and not the path
of the current folder, see below:

/www/doc/images/Machine/manage_addProduct/PageContainer/PageContainer_factory

I suppose the answer is in the bindings but being such a newbie, I don't
quite understand this yet.

Can anyone help?

TIA

Marie Robichon

Web Task Force
European Synchrotron Radiation Facility
BP 220
38043 Grenoble Cedex
France

http://www.esrf.fr

Tel: (33) 04 76 88 21 86
Fax: (33) 04 76 88 24 27
--=====================_13271574==_.ALT

hi,<br>
I want to pass a string generated from a Python script via a form when
creating an instance of a ZClass.&nbsp; The script is as follows:<br>
&quot;lfsPathImages&quot;<br>
##bind container=container<br>
##bind context=context<br>
##bind namespace=<br>
##bind script=script<br>
##bind subpath=traverse_subpath<br>
request = context.REQUEST<br>
result=[]<br>
baseStr = request.BASE0<br>
urlStr = request.URL1<br>
result ='/www/doc/images'+ urlStr[len(baseStr):]<br>
return result<br>
return the path of the current folder (less the but when it is called
from within the PageContainer_addForm it picks up the path of the factory
and not the path of the current folder, see below:<br>
<b>/www/doc/images/Machine/manage_addProduct/PageContainer/PageContainer_factory<br>
</b>I suppose the answer is in the bindings but being such a newbie, I
don't quite understand this yet.<br>
Can anyone help?<br>
TIA<br>
Fax: (33) 04 76 88 24 27