[Zope] referencing objects returned by z-catalog

Jerome Alet alet@librelogiciel.com
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 19:04:54 +0200

On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 05:55:23PM +0100, Ben Avery wrote:
> but I get an attribute error - error value: notes.
>
> if I replace the sequence-item dtml-var tag with <dtml-var
> expr="_['sequence-key']"> this gives me the object ids.
> and if I just call the object directly by id, e.g. <dtml-var
> expr="ce_1.notes">, this gives me the value I'm after.
>
> what am I doing wrong?

The ZCatalog doesn't return your real objects, but special
objects instead.

you can access your real objects with a <dtml-with getObject>
inside your loop over the search results, IIRC.

another solution is to add notes as a metadata in your catalog, which
will make them available directly

hth

Jerome Alet