[Zope] ExternalEditor question with HomeSite

Schmidt, Allen J. aschmidt@nv.cc.va.us
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 11:15:24 -0400

I use HomeSite 5 on Windows for HTML editing of Zope files through FTP.
Works great.

Wanted to use it and try EE on  my Zope files. It opens them fine and saves
them fine. But if I only save and close just that one file and then try to
reopen it, I get a WebDav locked error. If I close HomeSite altogether it
works fine when reopening that same file. HomeSite appears not to be sending
the unlock signal back to Zope but it DOES save the file.

Just thought I would pass that on.

BTW... HomeSite5 through FTP to Zope is a killer tool. I've said it here
before but thought I would mention it again for any new Windows users out
there.

-Allen