[Zope] ExternalEditor question with HomeSite

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@mitretek.org
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 10:51:33 -0400

[Kevin Carlson]

I just installed html-kit to try this out, but every time I try to navigate
to a file on my Zope server I get an access denied message.

I am using File/Open then typing in ftp://zopeserver:8021 to access the
files. Am I doing something wrong?

[Tom P]

I just tried it.  You should use the menu Workspace/Add FT Server/Folder to
set up the connection.  This will give you a tree view of the Zope folder
tree.  Choose a file, right-click, and select Open as Text from the popup
menu.

Note that you will not be able to tell in the tree view which items are
documents, which are external methods, etc.  You will not be able to open
things like external methods that are not actuall text documents.

BTW, I am using Build 290 of HTML-kit on Win2000.

Cheers,

Tom P