[Zope] Multi-Developer Zope Setup

Jonah Bossewitch jonah@abstractedge.com
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 14:10:01 -0400

Hi.

We just decided to use Zope/CMF for a large non-profit site that the agency
I work for is building (wahoo!).

I am trying to set things up correctly off the bat, and am struggling to
understand how to incorporate version control with the Zope server.

I have (re)read the chapter in "Web Application Development and Content
Management" and am mostly sold on the idea of using ZCVSFolders (if its
stable), but I am unclear on how to set them up (the docs here are minimal
http://www.zope.org/Members/sspickle/ZCVSMixin/).

Correct me if I'm wrong - I suppose the way I should do this is to add the
VHM to Zope, creating a container folder underneath the Root Folder,
creating folders for each of our developers below the this project folder
container, and then adding the CVSFolder to each of their respective
folders.  (Next step will be to front Zope w/ apache to send everyone
straight to their own "sandbox").

I downloaded ZCVSFolder 0.2.5  and copied it into the products directory,
checked out my zopeObjects module in $ZOPE_HOME but it does not appear in
the add product dropdown (I made sure to startup Zope as nobody, and nobody
is in the cvs group).  I

Any suggestions?

Am I on the right track?

Thanks,